You must have donation transactions entered into the system with a contact name/donor, date, and amount for an annual receipt to be created. There are two ways of entering donation transactions:
1. Adding donations individually
- Select the 'New' button
- Then enter in the donation information you require. To successfully submit the donation, you must enter an amount and date, and match the transaction to an existing contact.
- Select the 'Submit' button.
2. Importing donations from Xero
- Select the 'Xero Import' Button.
- Click on the blue 'Connect to Xero' link.
- Click on the blue 'Connect to Xero' button.
- Log in to Xero using your Xero login details.
- Select your Xero Organisation name from the drop down menu, and select the 'Allow access for 30 mins' button.
- Select the account(s) you have coded donation transactions to within Xero, and also the date range of the transactions you wish to import.
- Select the green 'Import' button.
- You will be taken to the import status page, which will show you when your import is completed. This may take a while depending on how many transactions you are importing.
- Donation Manager will import any transaction assigned to the account(s) you have selected, within the date range chosen. These transactions will show in the main 'Donations' page when the import is complete, and you will be shown a notification in the application.
- The import will first attempt to match any fields (Payee, Description, Reference) that look like a contact name from the Xero transaction to an existing contact in Donation Manager, and reconcile them for you. These transactions can be edited if you feel they are incorrect.
- If no existing contact can be found, but one exists in the Xero transaction, Donation Manager will suggest that a contact is created based on that name. If you wish to use that contact, select the 'Reconcile' button, and then select 'Import and Reconcile'. If you wish to use a different contact, select the 'Edit' button.
- If no contact information is found in the Xero transaction, no contact will be created in Donation Manager. You can either select 'Reconcile' and select an existing contact to match the transaction to, create a new contact within the screen, or leave the transaction for later until you create a contact using these instructions.